Thursday, May 15, 2008

It Still Amazes Me

It blows me away to see the way God has been moving in my life recently. He is really teaching me to trust Him in all areas of life, and He has been faithful to provide our needs even when it seemed completely impossible.
On the flip side of the coin, it is also somewhat irritating and mildly amusing to see how faithful Satan is in trying to play the part of the wet blanket. Even as I see God's miraculous hand at work, there is a definite ongoing attempt to suck the joy out of life that is more than just everyday happenings and coincidence. Thankfully, we're relying on God's strength and direction right now which makes it much easier to deal with this resistance from the other team. The latest verse to come to remembrance during the most recent chain of events was Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield, the Lord gives grace and glory, no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
I'm so far from perfect it's pathetic, but I can so definitely see God's protection and blessing as I make the effort to do what He asks of me. He's also given me a wonderful godly wife that gives me the nudges and reminders that God is driving this boat whenever she sees me start to waver. Occasionally I get to return the favor. God is good!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are many on the sidelines who are cheering you on with prayers!